Friday, June 3, 2011

Postres* Helsinki May 2011 Lunch

Last week I finally was able to visit Postres which was the last on my list of Michelin star restaurants in Finland. This time for lunch but I definitely want to come back for dinner another time. For lunch they offered 2 different set menus with 3 courses each(no Amuse Bouche included). Either a normal lunch menu or a Chef´s choice menu. The highlight was to try the Tarte Tatin even though I only got one spoonful because the 9 year old we had with us confiscated the rest.












Leek and potato soup, cod brandade













Asparagus and hollandaise






Smoked salmon and morelstew






Whitefish and Ratte potato




Lemon mousse and meringue






Paris Brest cake






The famous Postres Tarte Tatin with caramel sauce and vanilla ice-cream. It was not featured on the lunch menu but I was able to order it from the evening menu. I just couldn´t visit Postres without tasting.

No comments:

Post a Comment